Sony’s Creator to Creator — Inside Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 & Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Today’s Spider-Man creators grew up adoring Marvel’s web-slinging Super Heroes. Beyond this shared love for Peter Parker and Miles Morales, these creative minds approach their craft in surprisingly similar and divergent ways. Exploring how creators of different mediums approach crafting unique stories featuring shared characters is endlessly fascinating.
That’s why Sony is excited to reveal a new entry in our Creator to Creator series, featuring some key people responsible for Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. This two-part series includes:
- Bryan Intihar, Senior Creative Director, Insomniac Games
- Jacinda Chew, Senior Art Director, Insomniac Games
- Robert “Bobby” Coddington, Senior Animation Director, Insomniac Games
- Bill Rosemann, Marvel Games Vice President & Creative Director
- Joaquim Dos Santos, Director, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
- Kemp Powers, Director, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
- Justin K Thompson, Director, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Part one of the Creator to Creator series dives into everything from authentically portraying Marvel Super Heroes in film and games to the parallel bonds between the Spider-Men and the creative teams that bring them to life.
In part one, Coddington reflects on foundational lessons from Marvel artists and how to pose the Heroes dynamically. Thompson explains how technology has evolved so far that it’s no longer the main hurdle for telling visually complex stories, like those of the Spider-Verse. Chew reveals her excitement and sense of duty around creating convincing Symbiote tentacles in the game. Finally, Intihar discusses how the bond between Peter and Miles reminds him of growing alongside his fellow Insomniac developers.
To hear more from the Insomniac Games team and to view part one of the series, please visit the PlayStation.Blog.
Stay tuned for part two of Sony’s Creator to Creator series featuring Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, coming February 5.